Written by Top Draw guest contributor Sophorn Chhay
How do you provide value to your customers through the most direct and engaging channel? By sending timely, relevant text messages to your customers that promote upcoming events, new deals and specials. Also keep in mind the immediate, hyper local nature of mobile.
8 top mobile stats that shows why SMS is an effective channel
- 97% of all text messages are opened
- 23 billion text messages are sent daily
- 80% of people are using text messaging for business
- 70% of consumers appreciate getting text messages from their healthcare provider
- 75% of people would prefer receiving offers via text messages
- 70% of employees think that companies should use texting for internal communication
- Millennials send 67 text messages per day
- 1/3 of business professionals can’t wait 10 minutes to respond to a text
Before you decide to leverage SMS in your digital marketing mix, review this visual beginner’s text message marketing guide created by Trumpia in order to prepare an SMS strategy in line with best practices.
With the immediate, direct and trackable benefits of SMS marketing, it is definitely something to consider when planning your future digital strategy.
Guest blogger, Sophorn Chhay, is the marketing guy at Trumpia.