Not sure about the whole user experience thing? Don’t worry, it’s not just for “technical” people. On September 26 – October 7, 2016, Top Draw welcomes the very notable User Experience agency, Akendi, from Toronto! We are opening up our office to those interested in earning an accredited User Experience Specialist Certificate or taking individual UX courses. The courses are appropriate for anyone who creates digital products and wants to learn about the process, tools, and techniques to create successful user experiences.
- UX Designer (CXD) Certification: 5 days
- UX Researcher (CXR) Certification: 5 days
- UX Specialist (CXS) Certification: 9 days
The modules include a wide range of topics that will ensure your success as a UX practitioner, with courses on information architecture, user experience research, experience mapping and usability testing. UX may not be a science but it is a skill. Becoming a user experience practitioner, means that you will improve customer satisfaction and loyalty through utility and ease of use, and provide the user with an enjoyable interaction with your product, be it a website, intranet, mobile app, web app or software application.
Here at Top Draw, we invest in team learning and are committed to staying on top of all digital trends. We believe the relevance of a business diminishes the moment employees stop developing their skills. Don’t let the digital train leave you behind, join us in learning more about UX this fall!
Save your spot and take advantage of the early bird registration that is available until August 25, 2016 or when sold out.
Who should consider taking this course?
- Graphic and web designers
- Interaction designers
- Business analysts
- Product managers
- Project managers
- Marketing and communication professionals
- Content strategists
Why should you take this course?
- Gain a hands-on understanding of user experience practices
- Develop an overview of the many facets of user experience thinking and how they can improve your design culture
- Acquire a practical strategy for incorporating user experience into your organisation
- A course handout and a large-scale visual representation of Akendi’s Experience Thinking process