Social Media Specialist
We’re growing our team at Top Draw and are always looking for new talent! We are looking for a Social Media Specialist to work out of our Edmonton office. You know, love, and are passionate about the online world. You have 1+ years of experience in online marketing of some form, and most importantly, you love to learn fast.
If you’re the kind of person who craves a fast-paced learning environment that is results orientated, where your contributions are recognized and you’ll always be self-improving – then you’re a perfect fit!
You will have:
- 1+ years experience in an online marketing role.
- Lots of great ideas on creative social media campaigns.
- Experience building editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- As much experience as possible on new social platforms
- Managed your share of paid campaigns on Facebook.
- Experience with social analytics software
- Awareness of social’s role in an integrated website development and digital marketing strategy.
- Awareness of other digital marketing practices such as content marketing and its role in digital marketing.
- Some knowledge of using social for PR and outreach
- Great reasoning and teaching skills necessary to speak with clients.
- Excellent written communications.
- Great solo working skills – keeping yourself accountable to both your skills and your work.
- Working well with the internal team and being a critical factor in the team’s success.
- The ability to think on your feet, learn fast, and grow your skill set depending on the needs of our clients and campaigns.
- And last but not least, a passion for advertising and promotions.
What you get to do:
- Collaborate with Digital Account Managers on social media strategy. Bring new ideas to bear for our clients.
- Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Ensure consistent brand presence online (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns including organic, social PPC advertisements and promoted posts.
- Schedule and execute planned and real time posts according to the community strategy.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community where budgeted.
- Monitor, listen and respond to users while cultivating leads and sales where budgeted.
- Become an advocate for clients and Top Draw in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Build and execute social media strategies through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Much much more – this industry is always evolving, and so are we!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Extra paid vacation time over the winter holidays
- Flex time, start anywhere between 7 am and 9 am
- Overtime pay and banked hours
- Our office is three blocks from Grandin Station and on a main bus route
- Free downtown parking
- Options for your desk set up
- PC vs Mac
- Unlimited coffee, snacks and beverages
- Quarterly staff awards with cash prizes and a snazzy trophy
- Professional development support
- Opportunities for public speaking
- Rooftop patio! Work and get a tan at the same time!
To get a better idea of our culture, check out Why You Want to Work at Top Draw!
Please email resumes and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, NO telephone calls. Top Draw is an equal opportunity employer.